Title: Portfolio Management Associate (“PMA”)
Note: This is NOT an Analyst or Administrative position
Industry: Finance/ Investment Management
Location: Los Angeles, Ca 90067
Great benefits and lots of longevity in the company. Very team oriented.
Salary/ Compensation: TBD/DOE
There is no relocation or sponsorship associated with this position.
Bonus options: yes
Staff to oversee: None, but if applicant has supervisory experience, that is a plus as the team grows
Hierarchy: Report to Director
• Experience with Charles River or Longview, Small Cap Securities, IPS Review, 40Act
• Undergraduate degree.
• Minimum three to five years of experience in a similar capacity at a buy-side investment management firm or registered investment advisor
• Experience with asset allocation concepts
• Knowledge of financial markets and instruments, i.e., sectors, industries, stocks, bonds, mutual funds. Understanding of tax implications a plus
• NASD Licenses a plus, i.e. Series 7
• Commitment to and demonstrated history of productive and quality work
• Proficiency in use of portfolio accounting systems, order management systems, CRM’s, Excel, Word, and database software
• Experience working with performance returns
• Positive attitude
• Comfortable interacting with all levels and departments within the firm
• Teamwork – ability to collaborate in a professional and constructive manner
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to solve problems with disparate and sometimes, incomplete, information
• Good time management and multi-tasking abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision and in high pressure environments
• Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
• Proactive and innovative
The Portfolio Management Associate (“PMA”) serves as the liaison between portfolio managers and the trading desk and is expected to be highly organized, sharp, and focused on details.
The Portfolio Management Associate (“PMA”) is primarily responsible for ensuring that each account is invested according to the proper strategy model and within the guidelines and/or investment policy statements submitted by the client. The PMA coordinates the implementation of model changes based on PM instructions which includes generating pre-trade compliant trade tickets for the trading desk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Implementing strategy models across assigned base of accounts; re-balancing portfolios within compliance of restrictions, guidelines, or investment policy statements; maintaining trading models based on portfolio manager instructions; reviewing compliance reports, including for 1940 Act mutual fund accounts
New account trading and IPS review for institutional accounts
Supporting portfolio managers and communicating updates related to implementation of trade programs
Communicate model changes for Model-Only relationships and monitor variances
Distributing trading program notification
Monitoring of account reports on a daily basis for drift
Providing analysis and data for RFP’s
Supporting Wealth Advisory department
Providing client service to outside constituents such as clients, consultants, brokers; some general administrative duties
• Excellent opportunity to work in the portfolio management industry and in a company with a great culture
• Competitive salary DOE
• Health & Dental Insurance
• 401k plan
• Lunch provided daily
HOW TO APPLY
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates.
Please supply the following details to help us respond faster to you and get the information to the client as quickly as possible. Keep in mind we get hundreds of applicants.
We use the following details in the body of the email to quickly summarize for the client’s review along with your resume.
We get 100’s of applicants applying to us. Please see instructions above on how to apply to help us.
Connect with us on Linked In: www.LinkedIn.com/in/DianeKrehbiel