1/15 this job is on hold
NOTE: We are unable to sponsor Visa, H1b, etc. candidates and we do not work with 3rd party vendors, sorry.
Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: Valencia, Ca
Duration: Contract to hire 6 months
Salary: To be discussed
Reason for opening: Current person promoted.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will be proactively working with web development, global information security, infrastructure, systems teams and implementing and operating customer facing website infrastructure.
NOTE: Our ideal candidate will have hands-on DevOps experience, but we are willing to consider strong JAVA/J2EE programmers
• Bachelor’s degree in IT Engineering/Software or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience in DevOps technologies
• Must have work experience with containerization technology, preferably Docker
• Must have experience in Java application development and related J2EE technology stack
• Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
• Must have work experience with Jenkins release automation, system administration and system configuration
• Experience using scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc), configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution frameworks
• Must have experience in application monitoring tool, preferably AppDynamics
• Experience in Git version control tool
• Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills – ability to set and enforce process and influence other team members
• Ability to operate in an agile environment
• Must be willing to learn new DevOps technologies and keep up with the latest and greatest technology stack
• Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably AWS will be a plus