TITLE: Data Engineer AWS Database
LOCATION: Remote – Must reside in the US (Post Covid19, could be Tampa/Dallas/Jersey city/Boston)
DURATION: 3 Months, Contract to possible direct hire
HOURLY/SALARY: To be discussed
NOT open to Corp to Corp
Those authorized to work in US encouraged to apply.
DKKD Staffing does not sponsor and cannot support H1, EAD, TN, etc. No outside agencies please.
NOTE: Please email application questions and job questions to Di@DKKDstaffing.com
JOB SCREENING QUESTIONS: Please provide your # of years of experience (per bullet/ colon), last year used, and elaborate as needed. If no experience, indicate NA or none.
Requirements and responsibilities are as follows:
• Develop solutions using cutting edge AWS database technologies.
• Conduct research on different approaches to data storage in AWS.
• Learn all aspects of AWS Databases and storage patterns to include, Amazon Aurora, Relational Database Service (RDS), Dynamo, Neptune, TimeSeries, Elasticache, Athena, and Document DB.
• Contribute and drive operationalization of new technologies ensuring compliance with policy and standards.
• Partner with full stack development teams to create databases in AWS using a DevSecOps mindset and principles.
• Develop data migration plans to migrate legacy on-premises databases into AWS data stores.
• Work on indexing, replicating, and performing disaster recovery services across multiple AWS regions. Good understanding of traditional performance tuning approaches using EXPLAIN PLAN, Query Plan Management etc.
• Writing, designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining database applications using SQL and Procedural Languages like Pg/PLSQL or other languages.
• Monitor system performance metrics to identify potential risks/issues. Good understanding of Monitoring services such as CloudWatch and Auditing tools like CloudTrail.
• Design and develop end to end automated solutions for a wide variety of databases, data.
• Identify manual processes that can be automated.
• Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing.
• Determine and document technical requirements of projects to ensure that specifications are met.
• Work closely with Infrastructure teams during implementation of solutions.
• Participate in testing and quality assurance aspects of projects.
• Automate source code management using BitBucket.
• Integrate automated test with CI/CD pipelines.
• Provide post implementation production support as needed.
• Present and demo automation solutions to technical and business stakeholders.
• Leverage skills to develop proof of concepts for projects.
• Contribute to overall automation framework design and enhancement.
Preferred experience, education, or training should include:
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• AWS Certified Database – Specialty
• 5+ years’ experience in database administration and engineering
• 2+ years’ experience on AWS Platform around automated provisioning of services
• Hands-on experience on AWS Database Migration Service
• Desire business application development experience in BI/Internet technology stack
• Experience with CHEF is highly desired
• Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins, Git and CI/CD pipeline
• Good understanding of database code release management tools like Liquibase or similar toolset.
• Knowledge of AWS Glue service.
• Development scripting experience with Python and Ruby/Groovy
• Contribute to overall automation framework design and enhancement
• Experience with Terraform is an added benefit
• Experience in Agile / Scrum
• Experience with at least one RDBMS such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase
• Knowledge of and experience with basic aspects of Linux system administration
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Extensive history designing, coding, implementing, and supporting Infrastructure/Operations-side automation solutions in a corporate environment
• Creative problem solver with excellent diagnostic abilities
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing end to end automation solutions
• Minimum of 7 years’ IT experience in software development and/or engineering”
Connect with us on Linked In: www.LinkedIn.com/in/DianeKrehbiel
ALL DKKD JOBS: www.DKKDstaffing.com
We get 100’s of applicants applying to us. Please see the instructions above on how to apply to help us.