TITLE: Director of IT – Software Development
LOCATION: Valencia, CA (must live locally. NO remote and client does not offer relocation assistance)
DURATION: This is an FTE/ Direct Hire position
SALARY: To be Discussed
HIERARCHY/ REPORT TO: Reports to CIO and may have an opportunity to become a successor, so a well-rounded IT/SW Director on their way up the ladder is ideal.
STAFF TO OVERSEE: Currently 1 direct report (Manager SW Dev) with 20 on the team. 35 in IT, 350 employees, and 7 locations across the states.
NOT open to Corp to Corp
Those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
DKKD Staffing does not sponsor and cannot support H1, EAD, TN, etc. No outside agencies please.
Directs and coordinates software development of the Information Technology department. Provide Technical leadership, vision, and mentoring for the software development team and the IT department in general.
Action Required: Please complete the Application & Job-related questions below. For fastest response, please send the answers to Di@DKKDstaffing.com
APPLICATION QUESTIONS (Please answer all questions)
JOB-RELATED SCREENING QUESTIONS/ JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Please provide your # of years of experience (per bullet/colon) and last year used. Elaborate if needed. If no experience, please indicate NA or none.
• Oversees software development and maintenance support activities of the Information Technology department
• Manages, tracks, and reports budget expenditures for the IT Development department
• Recommends and develops plans for system/application development, budgets, and staffing
• Directs the development identification, implementation, installation, and code support information regarding functional systems for the organization
• Will report directly to and work collaboratively with the CIO
• Collaborate with product vendors, architects, and business units to translate business requests into work items for the development team to implement
• Effectively manage vendors to maximize value to the Company
• Work with project managers, product owners, and technical SMEs to influence scope and priorities for product development
• Implements appropriate accountability practices for development resources to assignments
• Work cooperatively with the Director of IT Infrastructure who oversees IT operations, infrastructure, and security teams
• Consults with management regarding project specifics and determine requirements, boundaries, and priorities
• Ensures effective coordination of communication/activities/follow-ups with the Development team to/from the Project Management Office (PMO)
• Will eventually also direct the PMO team
• Assure effective scheduling of development resources to appropriately support project initiatives/timelines
• Oversees the development, implementation, and monitoring of department policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance
• Implements goals and objectives for the IT Development department to support the overall strategy of the Company
• Assume a leadership role in ensuring on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application life cycle
• Ensure a culture of design excellence, maturity, quality, collaboration, planning, and responsiveness in the software development team
• Serve as mentor and coach to technical delivery staff and IT Development Manager
• Provide courteous, responsive service
• Interviews, selects, ensures orientation, training and when necessary disciplines and/or discharges departmental personnel
• Miscellaneous projects as assigned by the CIO
Connect with us on Linked In: www.LinkedIn.com/in/DianeKrehbiel
We get 100’s of applicants applying to us. Please see the instructions above on how to apply to help us.