Director of Security Operations
DESCRIPTION: The Director of Security Operations (DSO) is responsible for keeping the company and its clients secure. The DSO will define and drive a security strategy to protect internal corporate, employee and customer data from compromise by designing security programs to inhibit, detect and respond to threats.
The DSO will need to lead and empower three teams: the security operations center (defense) team, the penetration testing (offense) team, and the security research & development team, and implement the processes and technologies required to enable them. The DSO will oversee the company’s security operations, incident detection and response. This position will also partner with client services team to support customers. The candidate must be results-driven and able to articulate complex concepts to all audiences, ranging from technical contributors to business owners/executives.
- Technical background and a minimum of seven (7) years working in information security or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Extensive technical knowledge of security technology
- Familiarity with Information Security industry standards/best practices and relevant regulations
- Have had an active Secret Security Clearance within past 10 years (preferable, but MUST be eligible to obtain a Secret Security Clearance)
- Military or Federal Government experience (Highly preferred)
- Familiarity with with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficiency in English
- Current or past certifications in AWS, Cisco, Microsoft, Linux or similar technologies
- Security Plus, CISM, and/or CISSP certification
- Keep company and clients secure
- Oversee security operations team and employee development
- Oversee the implementation of security technology, processes and procedures
- Ensure technical compliance internally for company and its clients
- Develop and execute a comprehensive information security programs to protect the integrity, confidentiality and availability of company information assets; refine strategy as necessary to adapt to evolving risks and threats
- Provide subject matter expertise on a broad range of security topics
- Develop business-relevant metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s security program; provide regular status updates and reporting
- Direct the development and implementation of security controls, standards, policies and procedures to ensure continuous monitoring and protection of information systems; ensure that compliance is maintained against both corporate security policies and industry standards
- Direct the response to security incidents to include investigation, remediation and litigation support activities
- Oversee the company’s vendor security evaluation and risk management program
- Oversee the penetration testing of clients/ customers
- Lead product vulnerability response efforts by to assess, mitigate and disclose vulnerabilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of information privacy policies and procedures
- Oversee the development of a corporate security awareness and training program
- Oversee and champion the internal use of custom company technologies (including internal beta testing); identify product issues and provide feedback to drive improvements
- Support sales efforts by presenting the company’s security strategy, goals and results to potential customers or at industry conferences
HOW TO APPLY
NOTE: Our site does NOT accept DocX resumes and documents.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b, EAD, T1, etc candidates.
Please supply the following details to help us respond faster to you and get the information to the client as quickly as possible.
Keep in mind we get hundreds of applicants.
We use the following details in the body of the email to quickly summarize for the client’s review along with your resume.
- Resume tailored to the job description:
- Samples of work or portfolio if applicable:
- Summarized details about your years and level of overall experience applicable to the job: (please do not say “see resume”)
- Please explain your experience as it relates to the specific requirements:
- Staff overseen: (please break down how many direct reports, titles and overall staff)
- What ticketing systems have you used:
- How many users have you supported:
- Budgetary Responsibility: (if applicable) $
- Availability and please explain why you are looking for a new role:
- Hourly/salary expectations:
- Best contact info:
- City, State, Zip & desired geographic work location:
- Are you willing to relocate:
- Your Linked In profile:
- Who Referred You/ How did you hear about this opening?
We get 100’s of applicants applying to us. Please see the instructions above on how to apply to help us.
Connect with us on Linked In: www.LinkedIn.com/in/DianeKrehbiel